- Upon confirmation of your reservation, reserve your boat. See “Transportation” link. Lubbers Quarters is accessible only by boat. If you are unfamiliar with the Abacos and want assistance with boat rentals or guidance regarding any forms of transportation, please let us know. If you prefer not to rent a boat, we will provide round trip transportation from Marsh Harbour to Lubbers Quarters…as well as a day trip to Hope Town and an evening out for dinner on Elbow Cay.
- Make your flight reservations and inform us of the airline, flight numbers, and time of arrival in Marsh Harbour. The airport code is MHH.
- Upon arrival at Marsh Harbour Airport, take a taxi to the grocery, bakery and liquor stores. Your taxi driver will wait while you shop. Provisions are also available in Hope Town for restocking during your stay. Some grocery stores in Marsh Harbour are open on Sunday. Most of the stores are closed on Sunday and on Bahamian holidays.
- We will communicate with you or your boat rental agency on the day of your arrival for directions to Lubbers Quarters. We will meet you at Lubbers Marina and direct you to your slip, help you with luggage and get you checked in to Gone Bananas.
- If you are a first time visitor to Lubbers Quarters or Abaco, please let us know. We will help you have a smooth arrival to our little island paradise.
- Golf cart (6 passenger)
- Two 2-person kayaks
- All linens, bath towels, wash clothes.
- Beach towels
- Hair dryer
- 6 portable beach/sand chairs
- Boat slip in protected marina
- Access to owner’s dock and fish cleaning station
- Beach umbrella
- Small ice chest
- One roll of paper towels
- Cleaning Supplies
- Toilet paper
- Bath soap and hand soap
- Garbage bags and trash can liners
- Local knowledge and recommendations
Please bring these items:
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Fishing gear, snorkel, mask, flippers
- Light windbreaker or foul weather jacket
- Swimsuit and casual island attire
- Water shoes
Please do not bring:
- Coats & ties
- Cocktail dresses
- Candles, burning insect repellents, fireworks.
There is no fire department on the island, so we request that cigarettes are always extinguished properly. For the comfort of our nonsmoking guests, smoking is not permitted inside the house.
PASSPORTS REQUIRED FOR TRAVEL TO BAHAMAS (All Ages)